The Property Finance function is responsible for the fund accounting and administration of CCLA’s two direct property vehicles and the oversight of the outsourced property management accounting for the directly owned assets. It works very closely with CCLA Property Fund Management (“PFM”) team, supporting them on financial and operational matters.
The Property Finance Assistant will work with and support the Property Finance Manager and Property Finance Accountant in providing bookkeeping, credit control, full accounting, reporting, analysis and oversight service for the direct property vehicles, as well as providing dedicated financial and administrative support to the PFM team.
- To pro-actively participate in on-going development of the Property Finance function, including supporting the development of systems, processes, controls and documenting of the same.
- To maintain financial records within SAGE for two direct property vehicles overseen by the Property Finance Team, in order to enable timely production of the management information by:
- Recording financial transactions with the appropriate department and cost coding,
- Handling of accounts payable and receivable, review of Aged Creditors and maintaining relationships with the suppliers. Managing any supplier queries that may arise, reviewing and reconciling statements for key suppliers,
- Preparing weekly payment authorisation schedules for the two funds,
- Reconciliations of bank and other general ledger control accounts.
- To support the property fund accounting function through participating in:
- Monthly pricing and quarterly distribution cycles;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and bi-annual Financial Statements;
- Preparation of external reporting, including reporting to Trustees, VAT returns and benchmark returns;
- Ensuring that all records for both accounting and standing data are properly documented and maintained
- To support the oversight of the outsourced property accounting function by:
- Reviewing, with the Property Finance Manager, month end information provided by the external property management company.
- Working with the Property Finance Manager and the outsourced property manager to resolve any issues arising relating to the property accounting.
- To act as a point of contact with the PFM team with respect to the status of invoices and payments of non-recoverable expenditure.
- Participating in meetings with the PFM team,
- To undertake other tasks from time to time as reasonably requested by members of the PFM team.
- To provide cover for the Property Finance Accountant as appropriate.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as directed.
- A part qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years’ property accounting or management accounting experience
- A good understanding of general ledger accounting systems.
- Experience or an appreciation of working within a regulated environment.
- The candidate must have a strong process-based background.
- Previous, bookkeeping experience with SAGE is desired
- Intermediate standard in MS Excel.
- Proactive, willing to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
- Good all round analytical and numerical skills.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify own skill gaps and to undertake appropriate training to fill them.
- Self-starter capable of working independently as well as an effective team player.
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing team.
- Prepared to take responsibility for the quality of daily deliverables, ensuring a consistently high level of professionalism, competence and service delivery.