Main function of the role
The main function of the role is to participate in the production of all fund, segregated account, board and client reporting, to review and calculate performance returns as required, and support the Head of Reporting.
- Preparation, sense-check and detailed review of quarterly fund reporting / factsheets for investors and prospective clients, including qualitative and quantitative data inputting and corrections of any associated errors and edits.
- Ensure all internal data and information deliveries required to support report production are requested from the business and tracked or chased to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring that the content of all pooled fund and segregated client account reports and pooled fund factsheets as well as relevant information contributed to other documents, such as RFPs, marketing documents and statutory reports and accounts are correct and well presented.
- Update external reporting in-line with compliance requests, updating reports proactively to ensure they are fit for dispatch well in advance of quarter end.
- Participate in the oversight of the outsourced measurement of investment performance.
- Assist with delivering monthly tasks, including second-checking, to the Head of Reporting in a timely manner. Flag issues or changes to deliverables so that these can be resolved quickly and so the Head of Reporting is kept aware of all significant matters.
- Contribute to the Reporting training materials, procedures and how-to guides.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and assist in developing strong relations with other teams throughout the business.
- Production of regulatory reporting as required, e.g. Annex 4 reporting.
- Ad-hoc work as and when required.
- Ideally 1-2 years’ with an Asset Manager or company with exposure to Asset Manager data (TPA, Custodian etc).
- A high level understanding of Performance measurement and Client reporting would be beneficial.
- Experience of both in-house / desktop report publishing software systems and outsourced report production models.
- Strong team player, robust, with a positive disposition and an excellent communicator.
- Exposure to the calculation and use of investment performance returns.
- Experience of establishing, maintaining and working within disciplined procedures with tight deadlines.
- Investment management experience is a benefit.
- Use of external and in-house report production systems, this would ideally include Vermillion production use; report building would be a bonus.
- Numerate and accurate, with excellent attention to detail.
- Good MS Excel skills.
- Ability to spot and correct typographical errors and poor use of language or data in reports.
- Must show the ability to meet deadlines, establish priorities and concentrate on detailed information.
- Proactive attitude; seeks opportunities to learning and to do more for the team.
- Strong sense of ownership, mature and resilient, with an interest in learning the mechanics of a process.
- Organised, professional and determined enough to meet job requirements.
- Collegiate, co-operative, constructive, i.e. a good fit with CCLA’s culture.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to speak to all areas of the business, if required.