The Operational Risk Analyst supports the Senior Risk Manager within the Risk & Compliance function headed by the CRO. The role focuses on providing support to the Senior Risk Manager in covering all relevant aspects of enterprise risk, including operational risk as necessary.
- Manage the review of risk events, ensuring action plans to mitigate risk and close gaps are implemented.
- Promote understanding and awareness across the business of both operational and non-operational risk matters.
- Assist the Senior Risk Manager with reporting responsibilities and risk MI production.
- Support the Senior Risk Manager with business RCSA reviews and top-down risk assessments.
- Assist the Senior Risk Manager in the periodic review of ICARA operational risk scenarios.
- Coordination of the annual AAF 001/20 review by external auditors.
- Provide assistance to companywide audits and reviews as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of the firm’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Involvement in relevant projects/initiatives, e.g. Supplier Management framework for the entire firm.
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid understanding of operational risk techniques and processes.
- An understanding or at least a good awareness of investment management activities and operations, including the roles and responsibilities of an AFM/AIFM.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with the business teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skillset.
- An inquisitive mind and someone not uncomfortable in questioning the status quo.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and progress.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Some knowledge of Power BI is desirable.
- Up-to-date knowledge and ideally 3 years’ experience in enterprise risk management or operational risk area, ideally gained from investment management or financial services environment.
- A university degree and/or relevant professional qualifications.