This is a full-time, permanent, office-based role which provides first and second line support for users together with being responsible for the smooth functioning of the Help Desk.
The IT Helpdesk role involves:
- In relation to the Helpdesk the role will provide the users with a focal point to receive assistance on all IT issues.
- The Helpdesk personnel will manage requests through the CCLA Helpdesk system; ensure that the user is informed of the progress of their query in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting desktop environments (currently running on the Microsoft Windows operating system).
- Provision of front-line support to all system users ensuring that their desktop equipment continues to function as intended.
- Allocate the query to the appropriate resource; and provide management information on queries.
- Providing training to users on using the technology provided; first line support for the business applications.
- Ensuring current tasks and procedures relating to IT Support are documented accurately and administered effectively in accordance with any internal and external SLAs. It is important to ensure that end user satisfaction is maintained by delivering a highly-quality service in accordance with the timeframes laid down in the Internal Service Level Agreement.
- 1st and 2nd line IT investigation.
- Provide a single point of contact for all users with IT queries.
- Categorise and prioritise queries according to agreed SLAs.
- Allocate queries to the appropriate resource (e.g., partners, 3rd party providers).
- Act as the incident manager to monitor the progress of all calls; escalate calls where an SLA breach is expected.
- Provide regular updates to users on the progress of their queries.
- Produce regular reports on the helpdesk activity.
- Track work against agreed KPIs.
- Ensure all helpdesk documentation is accurate and regularly reviewed.
- Log and record incident responses – create/amend the related procedures accordingly.
- Support for staff IT issues such as solving usage issues.
- IT Procedures and documentation kept up to date and relevant
- Installation and support of new and existing desktop equipment, such as imaging PCs.
- Support for staff using a work iPhone and other mobile devices.
- Procuring and managing IT equipment.
- Software management and deployment of software to the desktops across CCLA including installation and configuration of Microsoft365 software.
- Management of user accounts.
- Access management to shared resources (e.g., files, folders, Teams, SharePoint). • Management of security systems (e.g., anti-virus solution, email filters).
- Management of backup systems; verifying that backups have been completed successfully, and undertaking restores as requested. • Maintenance of IT equipment.
- Configuring and troubleshooting devices and printers.
- Training users. • Performing business processes undertaken by IT (e.g., intraday backups, monthly and quarterly statement generation, client stationery orders).
- Mobile phone management and procurement of devices and new connections via Vodafone’s VCO. Experience desired
- Experience in providing user/technical support in a mixed IT environment.
- Providing services and feedback to users and management in accordance with SLAs.
- Sound knowledge of networking in a switched environment; Windows 10 and 11 components including M365.
- Management and administration of Microsoft Defender Security.
- Active involvement in the management of helpdesk requests in an SLA driven environment.
- Experience in data backup and related processes and techniques.
- Working knowledge of remote access solutions (Microsoft’s Remote Help).
- Working as part of a distributed support team.
- Liaising with IT hardware and software suppliers.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, they must be punctual timekeepers and can work well in a pressurised environment. They must be of positive character with the drive to work on their own initiative, but also be able to work well within a team structure and see problems through to resolution.
- Amazing customer service skills.
- Possess a positive and enthusiastic energy for providing good customer support and service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-IT professionals.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- User first attitude.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills; in person, email, phone, and Teams
- A logical thinker.
- A genuine appreciation of technology.
- Technically compliant.
- Knowledge of remote user support techniques.
- Good written English and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving and query resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a time driven SLA environment.
- Good and accurate record keeping.
Key Systems Used Essential Knowledge:
- Windows 10 and 11 operating systems
- Microsoft M365 administration
- Azure AD Administration
- Basic comprehension of scripting
- IT Asset Management and record keeping
Exposure to the following will be beneficial:
- Networks (TCP/IP, routing, general administration, and maintenance)
- Microsoft Teams Room Devices – audio visual conference meeting suite
- Power BI – report building
- Microsoft Power Apps