Fund Operations Controller
- Contributing to the team which is the primary point of contact between CCLA business functions (internal customers) and HSBC (service provider) and vice versa, integrating best practices, building, maintaining and enhancing solid and open relationships.
- Resolution of day-to-day operational queries/issues escalated by the service provider and/or internal customers.
- Day-to-day review of data/reporting received from the service provider - performed on a principle of ‘validation, not replication’ for fund accounting and valuation and fund operations oversight.
- Ensuring all service provider Service Level Agreement activities and deliverables are appropriately completed and the daily/weekly/monthly task lists and control sheets - as identified in the Control framework - have been appropriately signed-off. Where this is not the case ensuring that the issues have been appropriately escalated.
- Ability to engage the appropriate teams in a timely manner and provide the ability to quickly remediate critical control issues across all the impacted areas.
- Providing management and internal customers with sufficient information to make decisions relating to operational efficiency and to identify impending problems on a timely basis.
- To participate actively in the resolution of service provider problems/issues as required, in consultation with business managers and to identify and escalate potential issues and risk items, where appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Provide knowledge, input and support to internal customers and to the service provider.
- To assist on pricing for the two Property funds administered by CCLA.
- To assist CCLA’s Performance & Risk Measurement function, i.e. the collection and review of relevant data.
- To assist CCLA’s Reporting function, i.e. the collection and review of relevant data for periodic reporting and responding to ad-hoc queries.
- Other duties as required to support the Oversight – Fund Operations team and wider Support Department.
- A qualified / near-qualified accountant with commensurate accounting experience in fund accounting and operations, or 5+ years’ experience in a similar asset management oversight role.
- A good understanding of the pooled fund asset management sector.
- Good knowledge of asset management processes including investment operations, trade flow, asset servicing, and portfolio control.
- Sound control based experience gained within Financial Services with knowledge of operational risk.
- Financial statement review and analysis experience.
- Highly proactive, willing to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution.
- Good all round analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong organisational and efficiency skills and particularly the ability to prioritise effectively, multi-task and problem solve.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Effective inter-personal skills including the ability to self-motivate and remain positive when under pressure.
- Ability to identify issues, directly address conflicts and confidently escalate issues where appropriate.
- Ability to identify own skill gaps and to undertake appropriate training to fill them.
- Self-starter capable of working independently as well as an effective team player.
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing team.
- Confident in abilities and when communicating with others.
- Understanding of service excellence.
- Prepared to take responsibility for the quality of daily deliverables, ensuring a consistently high level of professionalism, competence and service delivery.